Service Desk Consultant
Service Desk Manager
The Service Desk Consultant is responsible for handling first-level support of service requests in a professional and timely manner. This relates to all technology, to include: workstations, servers, printers, networks, and vendor-specific hardware and software.
- IT Support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft’s core business applications and operating systems.
- Support of disaster recovery solutions.
- Basic technical support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security.
- Basic remote access solution implementation and support: VPN and Terminal Services.
- Monitor the remote monitoring and management system alerts and notifications and respond accordingly through service tickets.
- System documentation maintenance and review in ConnectWise.
- Communication with clients as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes, and agreed outages.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction.
- Fast turnaround of customer requests.
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively.
- Work with the Service Desk Dispatcher to ensure requests are routed to the proper resource in order to be resolved quickly and efficiently.
- Escalate service requests that require engineer level support.
Responsible for entering time and expenses in ConnectWise as they occur.
- Understand processes in ConnectWise by completing assigned training materials and blueprints on the ConnectWise University.
- Enter all work as service tickets in ConnectWise.
- Participates in after-hours support on-call responsibilities.
- Assists with managing the monitoring portal and alert notifications.
Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities Required:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Understanding of operating systems, business applications, printing systems, and network systems
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephone skills, communication skills, active listening, and customer care.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
- Technical awareness: the ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately.
- Service awareness of all organization’s key services for which support is being provided.
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide services.
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-moving environment.
Educational/Vocational/Previous Experience Recommendations:
BA/BS, preferably in computer science, business administration or a related field and/or industry certifications a plus.
1-3 years of IT or customer service experience.
Valid driver’s license and ownership of personal automobile.
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications.
- Health, vision and dental benefits included.
- Performance-based incentives.
- Generous bonus levels.
- Full-on-the-job training & support.
- Fun working environment and culture.
- Great opportunity for advancement.
Only local candidates need apply.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. Other duties may be assigned as needed.